Somewhere out in the suburbs, an cubicle full of nonsense sits unnoticed, unmolested. Rich has taken the day off.
At a different office, somewhere else, Peter Kent is embroiled in an over-caffeinated, lightning-paced, perfectly normal day at work.
It's good then, that Rich has arranged for "the house." A relaxing, semi-permanent party headquarters to be used all summer by the two of them, their boozy crew of half-wit friends, and anyone who follows the trail of noise to their doorstep. Unfortunately, a bit of confusion has left the boys with all house and no supplies.
So is it possible to have a good time, the kind of good time to which Rich and Peter are accustomed, without any preparation at all?
The answer, as it turns out, is no. We'll still need beer. Definitely. Right? And some other stuff.
And so with no money, no patience, and a lunch hour long since spent, can Peter secure the supplies necessary to fend off the fearsome hurricane of boredom which threatens this warm, warm weekend?
You take on the role of Peter Kent: gallant gamer, put-upon party-goer, ersatz errand boy, suburban swashbuckler.
Navigate a middle-class morass of whiny girlfriends, surly cops, slippery coworkers, surly bartenders, surly bosses, and more.
Your mission: procure an ever-growing list of supplies to ensure an appropriately inappropriate weekend of drinking, revelry, and what have you.
- All new, entirely original script (over 13,000 words)
- 18 new characters, 6 new levels, new sounds, models, textures and more, plus clever re-use of existing Deus Ex stuff (or "assets")
- A non-dark-and-dystopian vision of the future
- Awesome, old-schooly music brings luscious memories of past gaming goodness back into the now
- Multiple solutions to problems and a world responsive to your choices, in the true spirit of Deus Ex
Burden of 80 Proof is a Deus Ex game mod. You will need the full retail version of Deus Ex to play, as well as the latest patch, version 1.112fm.
Get the patch in the files section.